In SirsiDynix WorkFlows, the classification scheme in a call number record is used to set whether call numbers can be mixed case or all upper case, whether or not volume & date qualifiers are automatically identified for multi-volume items, how call numbers sort (especially whether multivolume date qualifiers that include months sort in date or alphabetic order), and how call numbers display in the patron’s view of the OPAC.
|Name||Summary||Case||Sorting Direction||Auto-insert |z & Correct sorting of months||Text Replacement (Call number → Displays as)|
|ALPHANUM||Numeric sorting of all numbers; otherwise as is||Mixed||A-Z||N|
|EVNEWS||Evanston News-Index||Mixed||A-Z||Y||XX(12345.1) → Evanston News-Index|
|EVREV||Evanston Review index||Mixed||A-Z||Y||XX(12345.1) → Evanston Review|
|ON-ORDER||On order material||UPPER||A-Z||N||XX(12345.1) → On Order|
- ↑ Regardless of case, all call numbers are sorted as if all letters were upper case.
- ↑ The sorting direction is only used when displaying the call numbers attached to a given title. (When browsing by call number, the sorting direction is always A-Z.) The direction used is that of the class scheme of the "current" call number. In Workflows, this is the one that is currently highlighted or was last displayed/edited; in iBistro, this is the first one that was created of those that are listed.
- ↑ a b c Any volume information or other numbers in the call number sort numerically (1, 2,...9, 10) rather than alphabetically. Any Dewey numbers in the call number will not interfile properly with any other similar call numbers that use the DEWEY classification scheme.
- ↑ All numbers sort alphabetically (1, 10, 11, 2, 20, 21,...9)
- ↑ a b Auto |z insertion and correct sorting of months/seasons only work here if there are two or more "words" before where the |z should go, such as a Dewey number and a Cutter. If a Dewey number is present but is not the first "word" in the call number or if the Cutter includes any numbers, then the call number will usually not interfile properly with any other similar numbers that have a different classification scheme. If there are two (or more) words and the second is longer than three letters and is not a Dewey number, the call number sorts as if there was a space between the third and fourth letters of that word.
- ↑ If the call number is a word rather than a LC call number and the word is longer than three letters, the call number sorts as if there was a space between the third and fourth letters of the word.
Other classification schemes
Other classification schemes exist, but are not generally used by CCS libraries:
|ATDEWEY||Dewey + Automatic Author & Title Cutters for sorting||Delivered|
|ATDEWEYLOC||Prefix + Dewey + Automatic Author & Title Cutters for sorting||Delivered|
|NLM||National Library of Medicine||Delivered|