Electronic books are cataloged as books, with some additional fields to describe the electronic and reproduction aspects.
- Additional fixed field (006)
- Add an 006 field for the electronic resource aspects.
- Coded physical characteristics (007)
- Add an 007 field for the electronic resource aspects.
- ISBN (020)
- Do not include any ISBNs for a paper version of the book.
- General material designation (245 ‡h)
[electronic resource (eBook)]
- Physical description (300)
- Most electronic book records do not need this field.
- Description of reproduction note (533)
- ‡a Type of reproduction
- ‡b Place of reproduction
- ‡c Agency responsible for reproduction
- ‡d Date of reproduction
- ‡f Series statement of reproduction
- ‡n Note about reproduction
533 Electronic reproduction.|bFarmington Hills, MI:|cGale,|d2005.|nAvailable via World Wide Web.
533 Electronic reproduction.|bMinneapolis :|cLerner Publishing Group,|d2008.
533 Electronic reproduction.|bNew York :|cJohn Wiley & Sons, Inc.,|d2003.|nRequires Adobe Reader 6.0 (file size: 1183 KB).
- System requirements note (538)
- Use a separate system requirements note for each set of discrete requirements.
538 Mode of access: World Wide Web. 538 Requires Adobe Reader 6.0 (file size: 1155 KB) or Mobipocket Reader (file size: 589 KB).
538 Mode of access: World Wide Web. 538 Requires OverDrive Media Console 2.0 or later (file size: 183291 KB).
- Summary note (520)
- Summary notes are required for all children's materials.
- Genre headings (655)
- Add any appropriate genre headings.
655 0 Electronic books.
655 0 Electronic reference sources.
- Added entries (7XX)
- Include added entries for the publisher or organization responsible for the electronic book.
- Additional physical form link (776)
- A linking field may be used to point to the record for the original book, when there is one.
776 1 |cOriginal|w(OCoLC)145379751
776 1 |cOriginal|z0471464872|w(DLC) 2003049666|w(OCoLC)51984738
- Electronic location/access (856)
- Since most electronic books are accessed remotely over the Internet, they should include an 856 field. (For any electronic resource only accessible to local patrons, also create a MARC holdings record for that library with the URL in an 856 field.)
856 40 |uhttp://nsdc.lib.overdrive.com/ContentDetails.htm?ID=298CCF1D-6490-492F-AD1C-FD7F1BC9918C|zCLICK HERE to download this ebook, available to cardholders of this library.
856 40 |uhttp://www.mymediamall.net/ContentDetails.htm?ID=7FE6822F-9CEB-48F7-A830-C36245A3CFA6|zCLICK HERE to download this ebook, available to cardholders of this library.