SCRAP is the Standard Cataloging Rules and Practices Committee of the CCS Catalogers Technical Group.
SCRAP's primary duties, as defined in the CCS Cataloging Technical Group By-laws, are:
- to discuss matters of cataloging policy, and forward recommendations to the entire Technical Group,
- to maintain this manual of CCS cataloging policies and practices.
The members of SCRAP are:
- The Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect of the Cataloging Committee; the Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect is the chair of SCRAP.
- The Chair of the Cataloging Committee
- The Past Chair of the Cataloging Committee
- The Secretary of the Cataloging Committee
- Five representatives-at-large from CCS member libraries
- The CCS Database Manager (ex officio)
- The CCS Authorities Librarian (ex officio)
The representatives-at-large each serve two-year terms. Their terms are staggered so that no more than three representatives-at-large begin and end terms together. The representative-at-large positions are rotated among CCS member libraries by the Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect so as not to unfairly exclude or burden any library.