At CCS, we are committed to supporting our members in providing top-tier experiences for their patrons. To learn how we can partner with your library, contact Rebecca.
- ILS Management – CCS administers Polaris in partnership with Innovative Interfaces. As a CCS member, your team can focus on local projects and trust our experts to keep your data usable, up-to-date, and secure. We work with Innovative Interfaces to manage upgrades, beta test new features, and ensure your library gets optimal value out of your ILS budget line.
- Training – We present regular training in multiple formats to meet your library’s needs. Online training courses support your onboarding procedures and allow staff to learn at their own pace, while virtual or in-person group training promote discussion and shared learning. Customized training is included in your membership.
- Support – Whether you are adding RFID, conducting a diversity audit, or streamlining your patron registration processes, our team provides knowledge and expertise to complement your in-library staff. Any Polaris support issues your library faces will be handled by CCS staff who know your library and your procedures.
- Consulting – In partnership with library staff, CCS works to provide best practices, workflow consultation, and custom reports to support your library initiatives. Recent projects include:
- Developing a subject analysis dashboard to support diversity audits
- Streamlining patron card updates using the National Change of Address Database
- Identifying best practices for collecting race and ethnicity data during patron registration
- Polaris Leap Web App and Polaris Staff Client
- Simply Reports
- Unlimited SIP2 connections
- PowerPAC Online Catalog
- Comprise SmartPay
- Novelist Select
- RDA Toolkit
- Syndetics Enriched Content
- Library Director serves on Governing Board
- Adhere to the CCS Bylaws and Governing Board Policies
- Commit to resource sharing within CCS
- Partner with CCS on collaborative decision-making
- Engage in library staff groups
An authorized representative from an interested library should contact Rebecca for additional information.
- Initial discussion about library needs, membership benefits, and responsibilities
- Library completes CCS Membership Application
- CCS and library discuss potential project timelines
- CCS presents preliminary quote
- Executive Committee discusses membership proposal and makes a recommendation to Governing Board
- CCS refines quote if needed
- Governing Board votes on membership
The board will consider proximity to existing members, commitment to resource sharing, and sustainability of membership. Once approved, your membership begins immediately. We’ll work with you and your team to develop a project plan to migrate your data, train your staff, and prepare your patrons for the transition.
CCS members pay an annual fee for membership that includes all of the software and services outlined here. CCS members also share OCLC costs across the consortium. Annual fees in fiscal year 2021-2022 ranged from $56,000-$78,000, excluding OCLC.
Contact Rebecca for additional information on annual membership costs and one-time startup costs.