Training Upgrade to Polaris 7.2
Innovative upgraded our training database to Polaris 7.2 on June 24. A fresh copy of production data was synced to training at this time as well. Staff can test out new 7.2 features in the training Staff Client and training Leap.
We do not yet have a set date for a production database upgrade to 7.2. CCS will update this page with upgrade dates, new documentation, and training opportunities as they become available.
Updating Local Offline Client & Files to 7.2
Directions for downloading local offline files and the client have been updated for version 7.2 and can be found here. The links to download offline files and client are:
Log in with your individual Polaris username to download the new local offline mdb files. You will need to use the shared login to download the offline client (username HPL\CCSOffline; please contact CCS for the password if you do not have it already). You may be prompted to enter log in information more than once.
Training sessions are held online via Zoom. Register via L2. All sessions will be recorded and posted online for those who are not able to attend live.
- Leap Hour for Serials (Sep. 13, 2022; 1:00-2:00 pm) - Let's practice checking in serials with Leap. During this webinar, new features will be previewed. Then the serials check in features will be demonstrated. Attendees should have serials issues ready to practice checking in during the webinar. Click here to register.
- Acquisitions in Leap (v. 7.2 Functions) (Sep. 26, 2022; 1:00-2:00 pm) - Acquisitions in Leap (v. 7.2 Functions) will introduce the new purchase order line item and invoice functions that were added with the v. 7.2 upgrade. This includes the ability to credit invoices and invoice line items in Leap. Click here to register.
- Acquisitions in Leap: Set Up Tasks (April 19, 2022; 1:00-2:00pm) This webinar will introduce attendees to the set up tasks in Leap (v. 7.1). Tasks covered in the webinar include creating and editing fiscal year, fund, and supplier records. The Find Tool for searching for fiscal year, funds, and supplier records will also be demonstrated. Click here to view recording.
- Acquisitions in Leap: EDI Workflow (April 26, 2022; 1:00pm-2:00pm) This webinar will demonstrate the EDI workflow in Leap (v. 7.1). Tasks covered include bulk adding to POs, editing, releasing and sending POs, editing and paying invoices. The use of the find tool to search for POs and Invoices will be covered. Click here to view recording.
New or updated documentation will be linked here when available.
- Read about new features in the What's New in 7.2 guide!
- Read about all the new features Innovative's What's New in 7.1 guide
- Learn about Acquisitions in Leap through an online course
- Check out new How-To pages on the CCS website, including:
The following are possible or confirmed ILS bugs reported by member libraries.
|The Branch filter for the Serial Holdings Record Find Tool in Leap that is accessed from serials check-in doesn't have a drop-down menu. Trying to type in a Branch name causes a syntax error.||In Software Engineering|
|Unclaimed Holds at Self-Check A bug allows patrons to check out an Unclaimed hold that is attached to another user. Patrons are blocked from this action at the checkout desk.||Determined not to be a bug.|
|Outreach Patron Preferences A bug prevents staff from viewing or modifying checkboxes in an Outreach patron's Preferences in Leap.||A fix for this bug will be available in Polaris 7.2. In the meantime, staff can view and modify Outreach preferences in the Staff Client|
|Item template data isn't completely populating new item records in Leap 7.1 until after it is saved. The prefix, renewal limit, and call number scheme are blank until saved.||This is not a bug. Innovative will update documentation.|
|An error message appears when bulk adding POLIs to POs in Leap in Polaris 7.1 from the record set.||Currently being looked at by Innovative's software engineers|
|PowerPAC "Change Pickup Location" not recognizing pickup library limits A current bug allows patrons to change an existing hold to a restricted pickup location in the PAC; patrons are able to update their pickup location to a branch that have that would not otherwise allow them to select that location.||Currently being looked at by Innovative's software engineers|
|Long overdue block following patron library Long Overdue blocks are being applied based on the user's registered library settings and not the transacting library's settings.||Currently being looked at by Innovative's software engineers; as of March 1, patrons registered to CCSB will be blocked when an item reaches 15 days overdue.|